Thursday, April 07, 2005

home again, alone! Got home this afternoon from Hiroshima. Had a lovely two days there with Mum and Dad. It was nice to be in a city that was familiar to me, and not too too busy. We went to the Peace Park and Muesum on Tuesday. It was beautiful and some sakura was blooming, so lots of people were out in the park playing and picnicking. We went to Molly Malone's for drinks and dinner that night, and as we were leaving the manager asked about us, then introduced us to this Kiwi woman sitting at the bar with her daughter. So we ended up staying another hour or so talking to her, and other gaijin locals who came in!? She was really nice, and her and her husband work for Ford Japan. She said anytime I'm in Hiroshima to call and I can stay! How lovely!

Yesterday we went to Miyajima, another lovely day, although it was overcast the weather was still warm. We wandered around the island and ate lunch, shopped and went to Itsukushima Shrine, unfortunately it is still quite damaged from the typhoon last September. There were photos all around of the shrine during the typhoon, and it got a right ol' battering.

Today we went for brunch before a tearful farewell with Mum and Dad on the Shinkansen platform! Dad was at ease as I had found a route to the hotel out near Kansai that only involved one transfer, and they could use their rail pass for the whole trip! Mum just emailed and said they arrived safe and sound! Wonders never cease!

So, due to a bit of scheming, I have no work tomorrow (well technically my parents are leaving tomorrow...just not from here!). I have decided I am going to have a Spring clean and de-winterfy my apartment. For some reason I am super hot here since I got home, so I will put all my heaters and kotatsu stuff away for the last time..! Right, going to watch dvd with a chu-hai! oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home