Sunday, December 12, 2004

Oh What a Night..!!!

I was thinking of calling this blog entry "Drama, Drama, Drama" but the title was taken by Jo first! The AJET Christmas party definitely a night of drunkeness, drama, and damn funniness! In hindsight, I can definitely say starting drinking at 5pm, and not stopping for a good 7 hours was damn stupid. But at the time, everyone was jsut having a brilliant time, and it wasn't until we finished the first party at 9pm, that the drunkeness hit me in full force! Okay actually prior to that I was drunk...it was another one of those nights when Paul and I team up and end up getting totally shitfaced! Our table ended up being the drinking game table, and when there was 15mins of nomihodai, massive orders of more beer and sake were put in!? Crazy!

After hanging around downstairs from the party room, for ages, we went to karaoke and an izakaya. This is where things got incredibly messy... I was incredibly sick, and bless so many people for looking after me! I kept exclaiming that it was the coldest night ever in Japan. And it turns out that we went to a second karaoke place, I thought we didn't leave the first. When we finally did enter a karaoke room where some others were, I promptly passed out in the corner! Classy evening as a whole really!

So I was again sick on the way home, and this morning I woke to find that I had a massive headache! I checked my keitai and found there had been calls to Paul, Louise, Lauren and Jocelyn! I do remember calling Paul, cos his keitai was in his jacket pocket, which I ended up wearing (I recall leaving a crazy message...). I thought that maybe one of the girls might have borrowed my keitai, but Louise just called before. I had left a message on her home phone (!?), and it was hilarious!! I said something along the lines of: "Hello, where are you? we're looking for you? We're at - where are we? (to someone else), we're at Wai Wai Mura, Wai Wai Mura. Ok? WAI WAI MURA!!..." The message got a bit crazy then and I made less sense! Oh man, I just called Lauren to check if I left her a message, but she didn't answer so I guess I will find out later...

So, in another post-drunk thought, I have decided to pipe down with the drinking, at least pipe down in the quantity of my drinking! As I write this I recall, it was this time last year (the weekend before Seminar Park meeting) that I was incredibly drunk in Fukuoka and met a certain NZ guy, in a weird drunken occasion...!! How funny! Must go to bed, bye!

2 Comments:

At 14/12/04 6:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey selene! it's meagan. i can't remember my user name and password, so i'm posting anonymously:) in your little story, you said you were going to stop drinking as much.. this seems to be a constant mantra for you! i know you won't and you shouldn't!! drink up the crazy and free life in japan. cause the semi-real world of grad school and working part time is not that fun:) and i can only imagine how sick you must have been. i remember a time you puked in my car!:) miss you lots and cannot wait to see you over spring break. am planning on booking my tickets this week. am planning on coming mar 18-28. does this work for you?:)

meag

 
At 15/12/04 11:59 pm, Blogger Selene said...

Whoa that would be so cool!! I will call you before Wednesday to chat about such plans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home