Thursday, November 18, 2004

A day in the life...of me!!

Yesterday I was at Ube High. One class was fine, it always is. I get half the class for 20mins and we do some kind of speaking activity and then they swap for the other half. The other class was blahhh! The teacher gets really nervous when he is in my presence. Then when we get into the classroom we fails to understand the simpliest things I say, and becomes a bumbling mess when giving the class instructions! I wouldn't mind, but the entire class cracks up about it, and get pleasure in asking the teacher to tell them in English what I've said! Then he just cracks up and tells the students in Japanese that it doesn't matter basically, and moves on. I hate it. I end up standing there with a 'you're f#%ke up' look on my face, and the more the students laugh the more I aren't sure if they are laughing at me too... Ah damn it!

Anyway, after school I had English club. I really like English club at this school. The students at genki as, and fully into doing anything, as well as making suggests about what we should do. So yesterday we decided to tell a horror story, by saying a few sentences each and moving on to the next person. So the story didn't exactly end up a horror, but it was amusing and clever all the same. Let me share it briefly with you:

A girl dresses up as a tomato on Halloween and goes trick or treating. She ends up at a abandoned house, goes in and the door locks behind her. She goes up the stairs and into a room that she hears something in, and there are hundreds of decaying bodies some stil moving. She tries to run away but they stop her and one of the zombie body things grabs her, she reaches into her pocket and pulls out mini tomatoes and eats them and they make her really big. So she pushes him thru the wall and rolls over him. (Somehow she ends up really small then can't remember how!). She cries and her tears make a river and she floats down it and a old woman finds her (story begins to be a little Momo-taro like here!). The woman owns a tomato farm so takes her to it. She finds a tomato boy and they fall in love and get married. For their honeymoon they go back to the house and upstairs in the room a zombie chases them. Then climb onto a bottle of farm chemicals and they fall in. They drink the chemicals and turn into real tomatoes. In the end the Zombie eats the tomatoes and turns into a human! Clever eh!

So during the story some students didn't get it if the girl turned into a big girl wearing a tomato costume, or actually a big tomato girl, so I decided to show them what I thought the student was meaning on the whiteboard. There was a orange marker up there so I drew a big orange tomato with the a girls face, arms and legs in black. After we had finished English Club, I went to rub it off, and only the body came off!! Oh my God, the orange was permanent marker!!! We were losing it! I was thinking, oh God, there is a big (really it was quite big!) orange circle with squiggles in the board for the teacher to find tomorrow! A little freaked out, I went to find some kind of cleaning agent, but it turned out that if you go over the ink in white board marker it cleans it off!! Phew!! Safe!! Will be the last time I write on the board without checking what I'm using! And I'm just so pleased it wasn't in a class!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home