Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm back..!

But only just. Yesterday in the excitement of cleaning my apartment for the first time in weeks, I banged my head REALLY hard on one of the kitchen chairs. I was sitting on one chair, writing something, then I bent down to pick something off the floor, coming back up my forehead made major contact with the arm thing of the other chair. It hurt like all hell, but it was only this morning I woke up with a headache, and it still hasn't gone away. I can feel this constant pressure behind my forehead, and I'm sure my brain is black and blue, cos my skin isn't! I also feel like crap, and am really tired, so Abra, oh wise one with all knowledge of ailments and conditions - Do I have concussion!? I think I do.

My apartment is at least cleaner than before, and looking quite lovely for once in a long time. I have finally finished the Japanese study and exam. My theory was you see, if I wasn't going to study I shouldn't clean my house, cos I am meant to be too busy to clean my house. So instead I found other ways to procrastinate and not study! The exam was as hard as I thought it would be. Kanji was harder than I thought it would be, the reading as always sucked! Thankfully I did the grammar first knowing I could probably guess more of those answers right than the reading, then in the last 5 minutes I did about 5 reading passages! I won't find out if I failed (less than 60%) or got lucky and passed til February.

But no rest, now I'm trying to plan the presentation Kenton, Gerard, a JTE, and I have to do next Tuesday. If you know any of us, you'll know I hate presentations, Gerard hates preparing them and gets stubborn about it, and Kenton is good at them, when he gets around to doing the prep, or he'd prefer to wing it on the day! So yeah, we make for a great group! It should be highly entertaining, especially since we can't get together to discuss it...

Next weekend, Louise and I are going to cook a Christmas Turkey dinner for Japanese friends. Then three days after that, on the 22nd it's off to Vietnam! I can't it's come by so fast. I haven't even had time to think about it being 5 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 weeks... like last year. Thankfully Jo and Erin have been awesome at finding some structure to the trip. Or at least a couple of places to stay for the busy periods, and looked up a few fun things, or we literally would have been planning everything on the plane there!

Ok, I gotta go. I might enlighten you all with some photos sometime soon too...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home