Tuesday, November 30, 2004

oops...

I just checked my emails and there was one from Asahi Net, my internet provider. They had received an email from an agent of Paramount Pictures saying that my ID had been part of an infringement! Oh my, fully freaked me out, though Asahi Net didn't say that I was in trouble, just to refrain from such activities that are stated as prohibited in the membership agreement. The movie in question is one that I don't even like, but downloaded for reasons of interest because I read about it in Heat Mag. It was Mean Girls, with damn Lindsay Lohan, who I can't stand for stupid reasons I won't go into!

So now I am scared that stuff I have downloaded since is going to come back and bite me in the bum so to speak. Imagine getting sued by a multimillion $ corporation, I really couldn't afford to pay them anything, and I would hate to go to jail... I might have to change download thingy. For years I used Kazaa and never got in any kind of trouble even though people always said that it was the dodgiest site. But turns out Limewire is abunai yo!! Any advice people would be appreciated!

This past weekend I studied all day Saturday (or at least about 4 hours), then I got a train to Hofu and met people for yakiniku. After a couple of drinks with Jenny at a bar, Ann, Jimmy, Paul and I went on to Tokuyama. Ann's boyfriend was playing in a band at a hip-hop night at Tiki-Ta. Interesting night...after paying to get in, we decided to drink cheap by going to 7-11 for chu-his. Then we had to keep doing top-secret, subtle filling of glasses from the cans we bought. There was an eclectic mix of music to say the least, and some funky hip-hop dance groups. One group of 5 Ube girls were super cool! In matching tracksuits, but different colours they bopped around the stage totally in sync, Jimmy and I were well impressed, so much so that Jimmy got his photo with them!


Things got bad after that with these Reggae DJs murdering songs that were already bad by yelling and talking shit over top of them. Time to go home then! Woke up on Sunday, Paul's 25th Birthday at lunch time, went for curry and then Paul, Ann, Amy and I went to Kudamatsu to see the new Miyasaki movie "Howl's Moving Castle". We were meeting Kat and Ellen there, but as we were 15 minutes late, and it was crowded we ended up sitting in pairs with a pair of strangers separating us all! It was a good movie...well at least it seemed to be, from what I understood! There is actually a whole lot of stuff that was way confusing and we didn't understand at all. Even Paul was confused and he'd just read the book it was based on! But Paul and I did hear words that we had to know for our Japanese exams at the weekend so least a bit of study came of it!

And that's it for now. I have 5 days to study for the exam... I am still hoping for either a miracle to occur and I begin to remember everything I need to know, or I happen to guess the right answer on every question (or at least 60% worth) on Sunday... we'll see. Until then though I have to keep studying and I can't blog until Sunday night, unless something happens that I can't wait for Sunday to tell!

4 Comments:

At 2/12/04 2:42 pm, Blogger Abra said...

mean girls is such a good movie! how can you not like it? must be the island folk in you... i definitely bought the dvd in thailand.

 
At 2/12/04 5:40 pm, Blogger Selene said...

The movie was okay, but it did get me in trouble, and it does have Bitchy McOrange in it.

 
At 2/12/04 5:40 pm, Blogger Selene said...

The movie was okay, but it did get me in trouble, and it does have Bitchy McOrange in it.

 
At 6/12/04 5:53 pm, Blogger Abra said...

how was the test?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home