Sunday, November 07, 2004

I haven't blogged in ages, so thought I'd post a quick one before bed...seeing as it is 6.50pm! I'm tired though. I think it is due to the fact that I have been busy every weekend for so long, then this weekend I didn't do much but still was up a little late, so me thinks that if I had just had a huge alcoholic weekend I wouldn't feel so shit... Or maybe I'd just feel shit for being hungover, which would over-ride the feeling shit cos I'm tired...? Ok, too much thinking about that..!

Last night I went to Shimonoseki and met the Shimonosekians at Selena's. We ate and had a few drinks, then what was meant to be a sleepover, turned into just 3 staying and the others deciding it'd be nice to wake up in their own bed, so going home. It was a jolly nice night though.

Then today I went to Kokura to do a bit of shopping and get my haircut. Meag and I started going to this particular hair salon last year, cos we were down there shopping and they had a half price opening sale. So of course it got more expensive after that time, but kept going! So that first time, ended up being over 4 hours long, a info assistant coming up from the entrance to try and translate (we were honestly doing a better job without her!), and we provided amusement for the entire staff and clientele! The second time wasn't much better, but time was down and much less embarrassment caused on our part! So today I went back alone. Straight away my hairdresser (Ikenaga-san), asked about Meagan, then later her last hairdresser came and asked (the first guy didn't make the cut - no pun intended!!). Then Ikenaga made a comment about Meag and I spending lots of time together when she was here, and being lonely now. Seriously I think he thinks I don't have any friends in Japan anymore! Anyway, I love the J-salon experience. I could seriously marry those hair-washing boys with their head massaging service! My hairdresser is good in that he doesn't give me a J-style mullet, with that stringy ultra thin layer-thing happening. I said today that Japanese people often have very thin layers, and I don't want that. I made sure he knew, and then we're all sorted! One thing he does do however is styles it in such a way that I look like I've been dragged through a gorse bush backwards! I usually try my utmost to avoid such a look...argh the endless battle with frizz is obviously over if electric shock victim look is fashionable! A photo will follow...

Ok, owari. oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home