Saturday, March 04, 2006

Melt down..!

I had the shittest day I've ever had at work. Shittest day I have ever had in all my working days that I have worked in my life! From my 2nd phone call this morning, I got landed with customers who had been screwed around cos someone else had f#*ked up. So, seeing as I got there call I had to try and fix the prob. One woman had notes a mile long on her account and while I tried to read them and comprehend what was in fact going on, she continued to rant about lack of customer service, and being mucked around. Demanding something had to be done about it now and she wasn't going to go into the weekend with out it being fixed...!! So while I worked on solving her issues, I was off the phone for ages. When I'm in "not ready" this brings up my 'clerical' time - this is not good. I think my clerical today could well be up to 60% (good is under 32%). So I decide to take a couple of calls so it doesn't look so bad. I get a wanker who asks to speak to the CEO! What the f*&k!!?? Like I'm about to say, sure let me just put you through! So then I had to try and talk to him and tell him why I wasn't putting him thru to him, or his secretary or anyone else in higher management. Finally I told him I'd send an email to a manager of a particular department, and he insisted that I send him a copy of the email I send in the post. I agree and get him off the phone. Now I'm just pissed off (actually I was well before then) to have been constantly landed all the shit calls for the day, and have to fix up other's messes. I'm about to crack when the chick next to me states the obvious and says "man you've had shit calls today!" Uh duh! So I start crying! Gotta love that, having a melt down at work!

So one of the chicks tells me to go and have a cigarette (no I don't smoke guys!), instead I try to keep working then I have to go to the bathroom and bawl! Once back at my desk, one to the managers comes over, logs me off the phone and takes me down stairs for some time out! I had that "I can't breathe, and don't want to be crying" kind of crying going on! Good to here generally everyone has a meltdown at work, mine was 3 months in so not bad!

So after a while I went back up to the phone. Told my boss that I had to call one of the customers back, but couldn't cos I'd probably cry on the phone! So she did it, thankfully! Took another call, all was fine. Another one, fine. Another one - bastard going nuts about charges on his account! So wasn't in the mood. Told him exactly how it was, and went on about the Terms and Conditions (luckily I knew what I was talking about!), then when he said he wasn't going to pay the amount, I said fine, then it will eventually go to the debt collectors. He said fine, have a nice weekend. And I wished him one! Wanker! Thank god after that I had a couple of good calls, and the longest day of my life ended. God help me if I have another day like that soon!

Am now at home in Timaru as have a wedding this weekend. Have also had an email from my old supervisor saying she'd furikomi-ed my refund on my pension thingy! Yay! Another $1300 - thank you JET! And I had a wee package from Louise in Japan too! Thanks mate, good end to a terrible day!

2 Comments:

At 4/3/06 2:58 am, Blogger J said...

call centre work sucks. majorily.
you have my sympathy

 
At 16/3/06 5:18 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Ahhh. That completely sucks.
I'd go out and enjoy the food and friends you have in NZ...
Hope the days since then have been better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home