Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year 2006!

Had a fabulous New Year. My mate Tanya came up from Timaru and we went around to a chick from work's house for drinks with her, her flatmate and another chick from work. Sat in the sun for an hour or so, drinking, chatting. Another "small world" occasion upon finding out that the flatmate went to a certain school, then not being totally sure, but there being a possibility, I asked "Do you know...?" She says, "Yes, she's one of my best friends!" This best friend lived in my apartment in Asa for two years, two years before I lived there! I met her about a month after I got there, as she was passing thru on her way home from the UK! Crazy eh!

After we went to a concert at a pub out in New Brighton. I was so so looking forward to it, and was so not disappointed!! From about 6pm to 12.30am, I had such a freakin' good time rocking out, singing, cheering and yelling along to 4 super-cool NZ bands! A wide range of people there, plenty either well drunk, trippin' on P, and the smell of pot sometimes was so strong I'm surprised I didn't come away stoned! Everyone was out for a good time!

Deja Voodoo put on a great show, especially exciting as one of there hit songs is "Today, Tomorrow, Timaru"! So got into that song! Then there was Steriogram, such awesome performers going nuts to every song! The lead singer walked/crowd surfed across the audience to get a drink at the bar, while still singing and was back just as the song finished! By far my favourite performance! Then there was Elemeno P, they got popular when I just left to Japan, so know there main hits but not others. Very cool performers, and know how to work a crowd too. Then after some technical difficulties, the head-liners Shihad performed. They've been around for ages now, and are very cool. They changed their name to Pacifier (one of there lead singles) a few years ago when they were trying to make it in the US cos Shihad was too similar to Jihad (Islamic for Holy War). But now they're back to being Shihad. They performed thru the New Year, and it was about 12.05 after a song when we realised it was 2006! So a little belated Happy New Year!

So glad I spent New Year's Eve that way. Had really been looking forward to hearing some NZ bands esp Steriogram. Was nice to spend it with new friends too. After the concert Tans was ready for bed, but I had planned to meet two friends, Dave and Andrew, I've know from when I was a kid. So Tans got dropped home, and I went into town to meet them. Had a few yarns, laughs and a boogie with them. About 3am I was well tired and ready for home, so we left and walked to where they were staying. I called a taxi, tho the taxi guy didn't know how long it'd be, so Dave and I fell asleep waiting for it! When I woke up, I thought, shit, wonder when the taxi will come..! So, I called them again, and turns out I'd missed it! I said that I didn't hear the toot, and the guy says "well we didn't toot, seeing as it was 4 in the morning!" Oops! So I eventually got the taxi and got home just before 5am!

Fabulous New Year's, nicely finished off tonight with going out to dinner for my cousin's birthday, to a fabulous Japanese Restaurant. Had Teppanyaki seafood, chicken and beef with sashimi starter and other tasty morsels! Hope you all had a great New Year too!

4 Comments:

At 2/1/06 6:04 pm, Blogger Selene said...

a natter!

 
At 3/1/06 9:32 am, Blogger J said...

happy new year green! sorry i kept missing your calls, try again soon!!

 
At 3/1/06 8:22 pm, Blogger Abra said...

happy new year selene! i might have to try and download "today, tomorrow, timaru"

 
At 21/1/06 9:32 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

post dag nammit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home