Monday, February 27, 2006

Had a nice chilled out weekend. Awesome weather to boot. I had the house to myself since my Aunty was away, so was very nice to lounge around without feeling like I should be doing something! Had a brilliant catch up with Jem, Mary, Meagan and Paul, so very nice to talk to all! I went over to Paula's and watched 'The Castle', crackin' up all thru it as I do!

Had a good day at work today too. I spoke Japanese with a customer for the first time! I came back from my break and the girl beside me says, "Selene this woman on the phone can't speak English!" I said that my Japanese wasn't great but I'd try talking to her. So I got Yasuko on the line, and spoke slow simple English, until I tried to tell her the line rental at her house was thru Telecom. She didn't get me there, so I spoke Japanese. I think I need to brush up my telecommunication Japanese, but she understood me, and I said everything that she generally needed to know! Was very fun actually! Not long after I ended up talking to a chick who's sister is on Jet in Kyoto too.

So that was all fun, and broke the monotony of a usual day at work. I'm going home this weekend for a wedding, and have taken Monday off work just because. Hopefully good weather for the standard post-wedding bbq and drinks on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home