Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas to All!!

Have had a lovely Christmas with plenty of fun, drinking and eating with friends and family. I started the weekend on Friday, when I arrived down from Christchurch. I went up to my mate Shanna, to wait for her arrival with two mates from England . Had a few drinks with her Mum and brother etc. When they arrived we continued to drink! It was great fun as there is always hilarity when drinking at their place and it has been so long!

After we headed into town, where I was meant be meeting up with a hen night. We were walking up the street and around the corner comes my Mum. "AHHHHH, " she squawks, "I've been wondering where you were!" Yip Ann, was well and truly on the piss too! Met up with Casey too and heaps of other mates and had a brilliant time. Think I got home at about 3.30am. Oh yeah, then I called Tori! Good to catch up, even if my voice was fading fast!

Xmas Eve - after rain and bad weather for a few days before, it was a primo day. Had to be, as the inaugral Donovan Xmas Eve BBQ was on! After a couple of years hiatus, Shaun, Casey and I were sure it was going to peak and be the best yet. Definitely up there, good times, bit of hacky and Vietnamese foot badminton games, drinks, yarns, a reindeer outfit... couldn't have been much better. My mates wanted to go into town, so we did but since the pubs were closing at 12am, it wasnt very good. I came back home, and the others were still cranking so I had a few more drinks with them out by the brazier and got to bed at about 2am.

Xmas day, slept in, got up opened a few pressies with the fam. Dad's Ma, bro and sis with my cousins came over and we opened a few more pressies. Had the whole turkey Xmas dinner thing, a few drinks and then of course the Xmas sleepiness! Was all good!

Boxing day - pretty chilled out, awesome weather again so took Shaun and Ann out for lunch, and visited some mates. Went to Grandma's for Indian takeaways, and pooped next door to where my mate Greg's parents live and had a beer. After dinner, I went to Shanna's relatives where they were all well and truly tanked! Honestly, most crazy, drunken family there is!! Had fabulous time! Obviously, the next day was very chilled out, went out for lunch with Casey and mates, then headed to Shan's for a BBQ before driving back to CHCH for work.


So here I am, on my 3rd day of work and then got 4 days off for New Years. Going to be a goody...

2 Comments:

At 31/12/05 1:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selene-chan! You look stunning! Really, you look gorgeous in the pictures. Wow...weddings, I've never been to a proper wedding, just Indian and Japanese craziness. Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! Love, Reibies

 
At 2/1/06 12:18 am, Blogger Selene said...

Just reread the blog... that so obviously wasnt' meant to say "pooped next door"! Eww! I popped next door!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home