Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Near Hoi An is My Son and in My Son are the Champa Kingdom Ruins. Lonely Planet informed us that best time is at sunrise or sunset. I thought it was so you could watch the sunrise or sunset. But turns out its not! So at 4.30am, Team Nam are getting up, and heading for My Son at 5am to see some ruins. They say these times are good to miss the crowds, hence we were the only people there! But we did get to go in an army jeep! That was definitely a highlight! The ruins were cool though. We wandered around, and there was an erie, mistiness to the place which suited it.

The thing with getting up at 4.30am, we were home by 9.30am and still had the whole day to go!! After some shopping with Louise, we went to the beach and met the others. Since it was our last beach day, I decided to go for a swim... It was rough! The beach had big waves and strong undertow, so in attempt to ride the waves, I nearly drowned! Even if your back was turned at the wrong time they got us and face planted us in the sea!! Oh the fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home