Thursday, April 28, 2005

bored bored bored...

I came to school early today thinking I would do some work before 3rd period class. I did some, and have since been sitting here on the internet. I found out that I don't have 3rd anymore just 4th and 5th. So I wait...!

I have been thinking about my blog lately, it has been getting very tired and boring...I need some inspiration to liven things up a bit I feel. It doesn't help that I do the same as everyone else every weekend, so we all have the same story! Though the various takes on events is amusing!!

So, what have I been up to of late... I had some eikaiwa this week. Seeing as it was ANZAC Day (War Remembrance Day in NZ) on Monday at home, I decided to bake Anzac biscuits, and we read about Anzac Day together. Also there was an article in the Daily Yomiuri about an Aussie chef breaking the world's biggest cookie record, with a 30 metre long Anzac biscuit to coincided with Anzac Day, so we read this too. The last record was set by Christchurch's Cookie Time Factory is 1996, their chocolate chip cookie was 25 metres long. Now, Cookie Time Cookies are the best, they're this big cookie, with big ol' chunks of chocolate in them, and I mean chunks! They are really good frozen, or heated up in the microwave...mmmm!

Anyway I digress, The Anzac biscuits I made, were my first biscuit attempt in Japan, and they were not too bad. My oven is on the downhill slide to oven heaven I think, so the bums were getting burnt, and the tops staying a bit chewy, so in the end I was flipping them half way thru... not quite the conventional biscuit baking process... And of course it was the first time I've ever baked Anzac biscuits for Anzac Day!

Can't wait for Golden Week to get started! Am so looking forward to spending lots of time outside in the sun, hanging out with Abra, having a few drinks occasionally, taking in a bit of culture and generally having a relaxing and nice 10 days off! Its funny that I could easily start counting down til I finish working, but at the same time I don't want to be finished in Japan in 3 months... I think its that start of the new school year feeling of having to meet new students and teachers, and not knowing how the new classes are going to go... Then there is the unknown of what I'll be up to after JET, I have started my plan-making, but nothing too solid. I must do my parachute flower one day...!

Right, I think I have pretty much been kicked off the computer! I've always sat at the computer desk, but it seems that as of April 1st, I am not meant to sit here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home