Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I feel like a zombie. I purposely went to bed before 11pm last night, cos every night I distract myself from going to bed on my computer. And I knew I had to get up at 6.30ish for my early train to Ube. Anyway, 6.11am the earthquake wakes me up. Now I don't wake easily to anything, so it had to be of decent size! Since I knew I had to get up soon, I decided to turn on the TV and see what the story was. Amazing that within minutes of it happening they already had the maps and images on TV! By 7.05am, couple of aftershocks later, I was getting tired already... skip forward to the train station and no train. So I wait with every highschool student in Asa it seemed. Two lovely girls from Ube High took me under their wing to tell me updates of when trains were coming, and not coming! So nice of them! So to cut a long story shorter, the train finally came around 8.45am, then we got to Ube, only to have to wait more. That train came at about 10.10am, then I got a bus once at Shinkawa, and arrived at school at about 10.50am!! So after being up for over4 and half hours and commuting for over 3hours, but essentially done nothing, I was so so tired! And still am! Also I missed my first class with one of the new teachers! Oops, I am yet to meet her. Have classes soon.

2 Comments:

At 20/4/05 6:53 pm, Blogger J said...

that sucks selene! i think the earthquake was pretty big as i woke up and could feel it getting more violent and stuff fell off the shelves etc. was considering wether to run under a desk when it stopped.

 
At 21/4/05 3:02 pm, Blogger Selene said...

the centre was Fukuoka again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home